​1879 Historical Wonder

Believed to be the only completely restored two story train depot in Missouri, the Chicago & Alton Depot was built in 1879.

 

In 1996, the Depot was moved from its original location in spectaular fashion, being lifted from its original foundation and paraded down the street in front of hundreds of spectators and news media, to its current location on West Pacific Ave. From 1992 to 2002 members of the community worked hard to bring the decaying historical wonder back to life. 

 

The two-story depot contains three rooms on the first floor which are the waiting room, stationmaster's room, and baggage room. On the second floor, four rooms, which were formerly the stationmaster's residence, are the kitchen, dining room, bedroom, and the parlor. An additional bedroom and storage room have been converted to an artifacts room. The entire Depot is furnished to appear as it did in the late 1800’s. 

Video Introduction to the Depot
Visit The Depot! 

Hours of Operation:

April 1 - October 31

Open Daily (Except Tuesday) ​  

9:30AM - 4:30PM

SUNDAY 12:30PM - 4:30PM

Friends of the C&A Depot

Board Members

John Thornton, President

Tony Herrman, Vice President

Al Hermans, Secretary

Bruce Lindgren, Treasurer

Paul Foster, Building & Grounds

Ann Hancock, Membership

Jim Austin, Newsletter & Excursions

Lloyd Briggs, At Large

Dorothy Francis, At Large

Major Hammett, At Large

Don Reimal, At Large

Jo Reimal, At Large

Marvin Sands, At Large

Randy Vest, At Large

Become A Member

 

The Friends of the Chicago & Alton Depot was established in June, 1994.  Click here to learn more about membership.